For the next release of Koo (5.0.4) on which we’re working, we’ve introduced a custom search feature. It is more or less the same that you’ll find in version 6.0 of OpenERP, but we’ll make it available for 5.0.
The following video shows the feature, including auto-completion of selection and boolean fields. Currently the query tries to match all filters but we will probably allow users to create OR-type filters:
For several releases, Koo has supported massive updates. That is, the possibility of updating fields of several records at once. Recent 5.0.3 release has an improvement that makes it useful in more circumstances, so we created a video for those who still keep changing information record by record routinely:
One of the simple yet useful new features of Koo 5.0.3 is proper handling of server disconnection exceptions. We just created a small video to demonstrate this small feature can become very handy:
We’re pleased to announce the relase of a large number of new modules for OpenERP available at extra-addons repository.
- nan_product_sequence: This module adds an automatic sequence to product codes.
- nan_product_pack: Allows configuring products as a collection of other products. If such a product is added in a sale order, all the products of the pack will be added automatically (when storing the order) as children of the pack product.
- nan_sale_product_recent: This module adds a new field in sale order lines to allow choosing only the products the partner has ordered sometime in the past. This is useful for companies in which partners tend to ask always the same products but don’t know the code or remember the exact model.
- nan_purchase_product_recent: This module adds a new field in purchase order lines to allow choosing only the products we have ordered to that partner sometime in the past.
- nan_purchase_order_line: Adds partner and allows searching directly in purchase order lines.
- nan_partner_risk: This module adds a new button in the partner form to analyze current state of a partner risk. It reports current information regarding amount of debt in invoices, orders, etc. It also modifies the workflow of sale orders by adding a new step when partner’s risk is exceeded.
- nan_partner_risk_insurance: This module adds a new tab in the partner form to introduce risk insurance information.
- nan_stock_move_filters: This module adds filters to stock moves so only available locations, products and lots are shown in searches, easing the selection of the appropiate ones to the user. This module provides a useful infrastructure for specific filters to be implemented in new modules.
- nan_quality_control: This module provides a generic infrastructure for quality tests. The idea is that it can be later be reused for doing quality tests in production lots but also in any other areas a company may desire.
- nan_stock_production_lot_quality_control: This module adds two quality controls to production lots on arrival and after production. The idea is that the first test will be ‘Generic’ and check for things like correct packaging. The second will be specific to the product in question.
- nan_mrp_production_merge: This module adds a new wizard that allows merging two or more production orders.
- nan_mrp_production_split: This module adds a new wizard that allows splitting a production order into two.
- nan_stock_production_lot_cost: This module adds cost information to production lots.
Apart from these modules, we have to thank Trod y Avia, S.L. for supporting several improvements in modules in openerp-spain repository, as well as the performance improvements we included in Koo 5.0.2.
Just a quick note to let Windows users to know that latest jasper_reports module in bazaar runs on Windows without troubles. You’ll simply need to install java and that’s it.
The last couple of days Koo has seen a significant performance boost. Changes are so important that we may make a new release with no other fixes or features. Here’s what we’ve changed:
- Delayed data loading of images, one2many and many2many fields. All these fields will only be loaded when they’re shown. This means that if they’re not in the first tab, they won’t be loaded, drastically increasing form load time in some views.
- Delayed loading of view description and settings for one2many and many2many fields. These are loaded when they’re shown for the first time, avoiding loading if the user never clicks in their tab.
- Koo was doing some unnecessary calls to the server, it has now been carefully reviewed and fixed.
- When switching from list to form, and then back to the list, Koo would load the fields of the form for all records preloaded in the list. This is no longer true and switching back to the list is immediate.
- Fixed an issue which in some cases may not load all fields of a form if user: switched from list to form, went back to the list, returned to the form and then moved to next or previous records (at least reproducible in customer invoices).